AI and Content Creation for Websites
Artificial Intelligence (AI) lies at the heart of search engine algorithms. Today if you want to get hits by search engines and achieve an honourable place in top searches, you need to know the principles of AI. A lot of SEOs today are testing the idea that only a robot can resolve search engine optimization tasks, in such a way as to make a robot’s life easier.
AI can analyze resource performance, develop effective strategies based on competitors’ indicators and niche benchmark data. What’s more, using AI-based tools, you can create content for free and efficiently. “Where’s the soul in all this?” Content makers may ask,and they would be right. “There is no universal SEO-promotion strategy!” say the perfectionists. They won’t be wrong either.
What then is AI: the path to global automation or to imaginary success and inevitable pessimism?
How to create content using AI services?
Artificial intelligence helps automate a variety of website creation tasks, from code writing to SERP promotion. However, at the moment we are interested in the ability of neural networks to create content – in particular, metadata, texts, images.
Using AI tools, you can create articles and news, posts and product descriptions. However, we have to understand that we are not talking about creating original content, but about generating unique content based on existing data. Imagine a huge shredder that shreds a selection of literary works, and then creates a new masterpiece from the fragments.
Chat GPT tool, a free tool known to webmasters, helps generate text content in a question-and-answer format. The service can give an intelligible answer not only to queries about product characteristics, but also more veiled questions which would confuse even a human interlocutor. Chat GPT can respond in multiple languages. Used in tandem with DeepL, you can try and create a platform for a European or American audience.
We recommend you use Chat GPT for the following purposes:
- creating a content plan, indicating the topic;
- creating a catchy title for the article;
- creating a description of the product/category;
- finding errors in the text;
- overcoming the “fear of the blank page”, and quickly coming up with an introductory idea.
Roman Makarov, the founder of HighTime.Agency, shared his personal experience of using AI and DeepL when creating content for information sites in the United States and Europe. He’s a guy who knows what he’s talking about. He’s got a wealth of experience in the creation, promotion and subsequent implementation of projects in the field of education, cooking, musical equipment, construction in the top GEO (USA, Germany, France) with monetization in AdSense, Ezoic, Amazon.
He definitely sees the pros in “cooperating” with artificial intelligence:
- you don’t have to rely on native speakers to write articles;
- you can pay 10 times less for content.
- it’s easier to find collaborators;
- the human factor is excluded – AI does not suffer burn out, does not get sick, does not disappear.
During his webinar, the director of HighTime.Agency demonstrated the algorithm used to create content using Jasper.ai and gave step-by-step instructions for using the service:
1. Select a key query with undisclosed intent;
2. Specify the article format – here the author does not give a single recipe, and suggests that common sense and intuition be used;
3. Create a structure;
4. Conduct a survey of sources;
5. Create content with AI;
It’s worth noting that we are talking not only about the text of the article, the description of the product, but also metadata, questions and comments in the format of a “live” dialogue. It may seem a little strange but this algorithm doesn’t say anything about checking the data for suitability and relevance. The author seems to have relied too much on sources for rewriting.
In the meantime, let’s look at the results:
Packet of articles since January
The author concluded that “a blank site with organic content is an asset if the affiliate content occupies no more than 10% of the total number of pages.” Confirming this, he quoted his own projects, which after being sold, ended up covered with advertising and ceased to bring any traffic to the new owners. Therefore, if you’re developing your own resource, if you want to monetize the site, look after the traffic and don’t turn the site into a garbage dump.
In what way does AI lose out to humans?
If everything was the way content generators (like ChatGPT, Copy.ai, Writer, Writesonic and Jasper.ai) wanted, content makers would end up dismally searching for happiness in another professional field. So, hold on to the “fly in the ointment”!
Why we don’t recommend using AI tools:
- They can’t create original or expert text;
- The larger the material, the lower its quality. The truth is unfortunately that AI is not yet capable of long masterpieces;
- The algorithm understands that users prefer detailed answers, so it can formulate repetitions and “waffle”;
- All AI services can “lie” (including ChatGPT) very convincingly, and provide false or irrelevant data. You have to check every “fact”;
- In our opinion, the fashion content creation automation will soon be deactivated by the Google itself. Today, the search engine does everything it can to ensure that sites publish texts for people, and not for robots. AI tools here are a step in the reverse direction.
You have to be prepared for the eventuality that neural networks can fail at any time. For example, ChatGPT periodically fails to resolve certain logical and arithmetic problems correctly. Google’s AI-powered product is even more discredited. In February 2023, before the Bard chatbot was presented, the AI gave the wrong answer to a question about the James Webb telescope, confusing it with another one. This “trifle” led to a fall in the value of Google shares by 9%. No, we’re not Google, and we won’t lose hundreds of billions of dollars as a result of one mistake. However, even if the site has been created solely for the purpose of monetizing traffic with the help of the same partners, its content is of great importance. When you use artificial intelligence or “live intelligence,” try to stick to the EEAT concept, then you will have traffic.
Instead of a conclusion
Google is a giant intelligent system you can and should interact with it using its own methods. Judging by the scaling of services based on artificial intelligence, this is the conclusion reached by webmasters, SEO optimizers, designers and digital marketers. It’s not yet clear whether AI will completely replace humans – but the interesting question is who will win.
In the struggle for organic traffic, any resource that doesn’t lead to pessimization is good. Today, sites are not downgraded due to the use of artificial intelligence, but will it be so tomorrow? Only time will tell.
Time to start earning!